- Design, implement, and manage web-based applications, databases, and interfaces from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Perform web platform analytics; identify and work in collaboration with departments and units to resolve strategic and university-wide problems.
- Mentor, oversee, and check the work of other staff on technical matters. Conduct security reviews of applications written by other developers.
- Research, evaluate, and enforce web standards for usability and accessibility. Develop and enforce Stanford programming and application design standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Looking for candidates with deep expertise in:
- Developing websites using Drupal and WordPress and related languages, libraries, and standards-compliant code.
- Understanding Drupal and WordPress architecture and experience in building and maintaining custom modules and plug-ins.
- Experience in a collaborative workflow using development/stage/production environments, code reviews, and Git/GitHub or similar.
- Experience in test automation and continuous delivery.
- Familiarity with browser devices and platform differences and idiosyncrasies, and ability to develop workarounds to accommodate specialized user/client needs and device platforms.
4 - 5 Years